Tour Highlights :
- Watch the sunrise at the Taj Mahal
- Private full-day Agra tour with Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort
- See the treasures inside the walled complex of the Agra Fort
- Marvel at the architecture of Fatehpur Sikri
- private guide and vehicle, entrance fees
- hotel pickup and drop-off in Agra
Tour Itinerary :
You will be picked up from your hotel by a private Chauffeur in Agra at 06:00 am and proceed to the Taj Mahal for the amazing sunrise view. The Taj Mahal is one of the most famous UNESCO World Heritage and a treasure house of Mughal architecture. Agra is the city of the Taj Mahal, perhaps the most photographed monument in the world. A dawn visit to the fabled Taj Mahal to witness the magical effects caused by the reflections of the changing colors of the rising sun on this brilliant white marble building.
After Taj Mahal, you will visit the massive Agra Fort. The elegant buildings inside reflect an interesting synthesis of Hindu and Central Asian architectural styles. It was built by Emperor Akbar and the maze of the courtyards, mosques and private chambers of the fort echo the story of the Mughal Empire
Later you will proceed to the Tomb of Itmad-Ud-Daulah, also known as the “Baby Taj”, situated on the opposite bank of the Yamuna from the Taj Mahal. Built between 1622 and 1628 by Empress Nur Jahan for her father, the mausoleum is often described as a jewel box. Admire the trellis work and precious stone inlay as you listen to your guide’s commentary and learn about the strong Persian influence on the tomb’s design – the first in India entirely made out of marble. After approximately one hour at Itmad-Ud-Daulah, you will enjoy an exquisite lunch at a famous Indian restaurant at your own expense.
After Lunch, you will go to the Fatehpur Sikri. This abandoned capital of the Mughal’s is a perfectly preserved city at the height of the empire’s splendor. The city divided into religious and secular parts has interesting well-sculpted buildings. You will be spending 1 hr 30 min there and then transferred back to your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop off in Agra
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking private guide
- Monument entrance
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified